CBD or cannabidiol is the non-intoxicating compound present in cannabis plants. Today, it has become omnipresent in the market for good reasons. It is believed to be effective in treating multiple health conditions including muscles and joint pain.
There are hundreds of cannabis products available that can be used in the form of edible, smoking, tinctures and creams. You can benefit from CBD in any of these ways but for pain relief in specific area there is no need to ingest cannabidiol. Topical Cannabis salve for pain relief is a good solution.
In which pain does CBD salve help?
There is plenty of pre-clinical study evidence for cannabis efficacy in pain relief amongst human and animals but not specifically associated with CBD. Research about CBD in pain relief is in its early stages.
Chronic pain categories
In nociceptive, the pain starts when tissue get damaged like stung by bee, sprained ankle, or inflammatory conditions including irritable bowel syndrome and arthritis. The throbbing pain is tied to specific positions and movements.
In neuropathic, the pain gets triggered when nerves get injured like sciatica, hitting the funny bone or multiple sclerosis. You experience sharp shooting pain and sometimes even feel the burning sensation.
There are some painful conditions like fibromyalgia, which don’t totally fit in any of the above categories. According to research CBD is promising in reducing pain due to fibromyalgia and neuropathic.
How does CBD salve work in reducing the pain?
CBD salves can relieve pain in many ways. The key theory is how CBD interacts with ECS or endocannabinoid system. ECS is comprised of endocannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors and enzymes, which is responsible to synthesize and breakdown cannabinoids.
Ennacannabinoids are produced in human bodies, while phytocannabinoids are present in plants. CBD is a phytocannabinoids that interacts with your ECS system and exerts therapeutic effects.
Some research theories on how CBD works
- During endocannabinoid deficiency studies, it was postulated that sufferings like intestinal pain, fibromyalgia and migraines don’t produce sufficient endocannabinoids. Therefore it can be great to treat these health issues with external cannabinoids like CBD and offer sufferers relief.
- Studies even revealed that cannabinoids exhibit immunomodulatory effects that can optimistically impact the inflammation and pain in the same way endocannabidoids work in human body.
- CBD increases Anandamide [AEA] level through supplying an enzyme, which breaks down AEA, thus escalating its quantity. This categorizes CBD as endocannabinoid modulator and is a natural remedy for pain.
- Studies even reveal that CBD displays potent anti-inflammatory as well as anti-oxidant properties. In animals suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, it inhibited tumor necrosis factor-alpha.
- It was discovered during research that CBD can potentiate glycine receptors that induce the feel of pain.
The research is ongoing to uncover new CBD mechanism and health benefits. Instead of allowing CBD to pass through the blood, it is practical to use cannabinoid gel, lotion, balm, or cream directly where pain occurs. As there is no metabolism needed, a strong topical dosage starts working swiftly. It fights the source of inflammation.
Athletes find CBD salves a perfect delivery system!