If you are someone who stays updated with what’s trending, it’s likely you have heard a lot about CBD. CBD industry has skyrocketed since 2018. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound extracted from cannabis plant and is available in various forms including creams, oils, tinctures, beverages, soaps etc and used to treat insomnia, stress, anxiety, pain, inflammation and ADHD.
What is CBD?
When a cannabis plant has less than 0.3% THC (another compound found in the plant), it is classified as hemp. CBD is extracted from legal hemp plant. When the THC content exceeds 0.3%, it is considered illegal. This is because THC is the mind-altering compound found in cannabis plant. CBD works by binding to our body’s endocannabinoid system.
CBD infused creams:
There is a new product in the CBD market with pain-relieving effects. CBD creams are creams with CBD extracts. If you are looking for balm, body lotion, bath bomb or body gel or bath salt, visit CBD Marketplace. Their skin lotion hydrates your skin, decreases skin tension and treats skin inflammation. The other benefits of CBD infused creams include:
- Chronic pain relief: These creams can be applied directly on the site of pain. Other edible CBD products are distributed throughout the blood stream and more dosage would be required which gets expensive whereas creams focus on one area.
- Healthy skin: We can postpone the effects of skin aging using creams. CBD has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. CBD lotions also help with dry skin, acne, eczema and wrinkles.
- Treats sore muscles from post-workout: People workout to stay fit and add muscle mass. After your workout session it is natural to have swollen and stiff muscles. CBD pain balm helps in treating inflammation and regulates sleep which is equally important since poor sleep is associated with less muscle growth.
- Arthritis inflammation: The symptoms of arthritis include pain, stiff joint in and swelling in the hands, hip and legs. Studies prove that CBD has the potential to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Runner’s knee: Constant pain felt in the knees is not limited to only runners. Athletes can use it daily as part of their recovery regimen.
How to use topically apply CBD?
Keep in mind that the cream is not a permanent solution to your pain. It provides subtle pain relief and makes the pain bearable.
- Listen to your body and see from where the pain originates. For instance, your headache could be because of tension in your neck area and leg muscle pain can be due to lower back pain.
- Clean the site of pain so that there isn’t any bacteria and dirt on it.
- Administer the cream generously and apply a certain amount of pressure.
- Wash your hands to ensure the cream doesn’t come in contact with your eyes.
Studies conducted revealed that CBD infused creams helped with pain and skin condition though there is little research confirming the same. Its effects vary depending on the individual. Give it a shot and see if is effective for you.